Disneyland Family 5K -2014

Disneyland Family 5K -2014

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Reconnecting

So I completely forgot that I even had this blog, until my sister sent me an email, alerting me to the existence of hers. It reminded me that I had set one up, oh-so-many-moons ago, and so I checked it out. Sure enough, I remembered where it was and the password (which says alot, considering I had forgotten its existence in the first place.)

The last time I posted to my account was back in July, 2005. I was still being introduced to the wonders of pregnancy and experiencing all of the new and weird and fun things that go along with it.

Since then, I've had my daughter and she is now 18 months old. Gee, time flies when you're not paying attention. Plus, shortly after B was born, my body short circuited and I ended up in the ICU wing for a few days. I half-jokingly tell my hubby that anything that happened before my baby was born got wiped out. I say "half-jokingly" because there are some things that I do not remember. Certain books that I read or movies that we watched, it's just gone. I remember labor- sort of- and I remember the delivery- sort of-... although I'm not sure if I actually remember it, or if I just think I do, cause I look at the pictures alot. But the last few months of pregnany are kind of hazy and most of the first week that I was home with her is pretty much gone.

Anyway, here I sit, contacts glued to my eyes, 18 months after the fact. My little baby is starting to talk in sentences and is able to tell me what she wants to eat and when she wants it. She says "please" and "thank you" and sometimes "excuse me". She giggles non-stop and most of the time has a smile on her face. She doesn't quite get that "no" usually means that she shouldn't be playing with something or touching something... she thinks its a game and will usually say "no,no,no,no..." back. So cute that I can't stay mad at her.

I hope to keep this blog up this time, although I do blog on my MySpace account from time to time as well. One of these days, I'll become a "real" writer and stop messing around with blogs. But that's for another day... later. Maybe when B is in high school. ...

No comments: